To uninstall Avast Security or Avast Premium Security (previously Avast Security Pro), follow the instructions below:
Your Mac is not immune to threats — yet. Our free Mac antivirus protects on 3 fronts. Malware isn’t the only threat to your Mac. Malicious websites and vulnerable Wi-Fi networks can also jeopardize your safety. Avast Security provides essential free protection against all 3 threats, and our new. No virus has gotten past it’s detection system on my Windows OS, Linux OS and I have had Avast on my OS X for the past 3 years and it’s simply, perfect. This is my personal review as the webmaster so I highly and I mean highly recommend you try this one out.
Deleting or moving Avast Security to the Trash does not uninstall the program.
- In your Applications folder, double-click the Avast icon to open the application.
- Click Avast in the menu bar on the top-left of the screen and select Uninstall Avast Premium Security.
- Click Uninstall.
- If prompted, use your Touch ID or enter your Administrator password and click OK to grant permission for the uninstallation.
- Click Quit.
Avast Security is removed from your Mac.
- Avast Security 14.x for Mac
- Avast Premium Security 14.x for Mac
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
Besides the World’s most popular antivirus for Windows, Avast is offering a comprehensive antivirus for Apple Mac OS X (Macintosh). The product is called Avast Free Mac Security 2018 (version 11) and same as the Windows version it’s completely for free. It doesn’t even require the registration, so you can just download, install and use it without any hassle.
While some Mac users are still questioning the need for the antivirus/security software on OS X, we definitely recommend have Avast installed as the number of hacker attacks on Mac users is rising rapidly.
Avast for Mac Key Features & Benefits
- Award-winning antivirus engine with 100% detection rate (according to the independent test by AV-TEST and AV-Comparatives)
- Real-time protection with 3 layers (File System Shield, Mail Shield, Web Shield)
- Automatic streaming updates of the virus definitions
- Excellent performance — very low on system resources
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Completely for free — no registration required
Avast for Mac Free Download & Installation
Avast for Mac is unfortunately not available on iTunes or App Store. But you can simply download Avast Free Mac Security using the link below: Mac firewall on or off.
Avast Antivirus For Mac Os X 10.6.8
From the Official Avast Servers
After you finish the download you can proceed with the installation. The installation process is really easy and doesn’t require any technical skills:
- Close the Safari browser, locate the setup file called ‘avast_free_mac_security.dmg‘ and run it
- Confirm the Avast License Agreement by clicking on ‘Agree‘
- You can customize the installation by clicking on ‘Customize’, click on ‘Install’ to start the installation
- If prompted enter the administrator name and password
- Once the installation is complete, you should get the confirmation screen
Please note it’s heavily recommended to uninstall any other antivirus/security software from your Mac before installing Avast.
Avast Security Pro for Mac — Is it worthy to pay extra?
Besides the free version of Mac antivirus, there is also a premium one called Avast Security Pro for Mac. The pro version offers two extra features
- Wi-Fi Alerts — This feature will immediately notify you if someone connects to your Wi-Fi network. This helps you to keep hackers/neighbors out of your network.
- Ransomware Shield — Ransomware shields keep your personal data from being encrypted without your permission.
For these, you need to pay for the premium version which costs $59.99 per year. Is it worthy? We would say yes as ransomware on Mac is on the rise and Avast offers solid protection against it.
Avast for Mac User & Experts Reviews — What others are saying?
Avast Free Mac Security is also really popular among the users and technical experts. It is by far the most downloaded Mac antivirus/security on Download.com with more than 4.5 million downloads! While other competitors don’t have even half a million (Sophos 247k, Avira 80k, Norton 30k, Kaspersky 12k, McAfee 11k, Eset 9k).
Avast Free Mac Security is the most downloaded antivirus for Mac with more than 4.5 million downloads
Does avast antivirus work for mac. You can not correct performance problems, nevertheless, without subscribing to the company’s Cleaning product for $23.88 a year. The application employs their Intelligent Check feature to look for bogus browser add-ons, fragile accounts, compatibility problems, dated PC software, system threats and performance issues.
Also, the user reviews on Download.com are very positive. Avast Free Mac Security 2018 has 4.5 stars (out of 5) from 1,641users.
Avast for Mac is doing really well also in the independent tests. It has been certified with 100% detection rate by the German laboratory AV-TEST. Same results were measured also by the Austrian laboratory AV-Comparatives.
According to Tom’s Guide, Avast Free Mac Security was better in detecting viruses than the other paid solutions: ‘it was better at malware detection than all three of the paid antivirus solutions we reviewed‘.
Avast for Mac System Requirements — Will it run on your Mac?
Minimum system requirements are quite easy to comply and really nothing special. Avast Free Mac Security will run even on the older MacBooks (Air/Pro) and iMacs:
- OS X Version: Apple Mac running macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) or newer
- Processor: Intel-based Mac computer with 64-bit processor
- Memory: 128 MB RAM or above (1 GB RAM or higher preferred)
- Free space: 500 MB minimum hard disk free space
Avast for Mac Uninstall — How to remove it from your Mac?
If you decide to uninstall Avast Free Mac Security from your Mac, there is nothing special you would need to do compared to any other Mac application. To remove it simply follow the instructions below:
Avast For Mac Os X 10.5.8
- Close Safari browser and open Avast by going to ‘Finder’ » ‘Applications’ and double-click on the Avast orange icon
- Open ‘Avast Mac Security‘ in the menu bar at the top-left, select ‘Uninstall Avast‘ and confirm (you may need to log in as an administrator)
- Wait and the uninstall process to finish and Avast Free Mac Security is completely removed
Avast For Mac Os X Yosemite
Unfortunately, there is no removal tool or uninstall utility for Mac. Avast Uninstall Utility (AvastClear) is available only for Windows.